0845 numbers are non-geographic numbers, helping to give businesses a national presence, wherever in the UK they are.
Unlike other 08 numbers, 0845s are charged at the same rate as a local UK telephone call.
0845s are caller-friendly, but have declined in popularity over the past few years, in favour of the 0843/0844 prefixes.
Picking an 0845 number is a great way to run a national campaign, whilst keeping your local lines open.
· Give your business a UK-wide presence. As a non-geographic number an 0845 number is perfect for any business offering a national service.
· Disguise your specific location to your callers. Non-geographics don’t tie your business to any one location, which is perfect when you want to attract callers from all across the UK.
· Make your business look large and established. 08 numbers help to give your firm a professional appearance, no matter how small you may actually be. 0845 numbers are, to many people, more trustable than local numbers.
· Can be used as an additional line, alongside a local number. This is perfect if you are running a national campaign.
· 0845s are portable, so you have no need to worry if your business relocates. Your 0845 number can simply be routed to any other number, landline or mobile.
· Receive a share of the call revenue, dependent on volume. Generate a residual income which can be a welcome cash boost, ideal for smaller businesses where money is tighter.